Pineland's Past: The first One Hundred Years (paperback)

Pineland's Past is the first full history of a state facility that was opened in 1908 as the Maine School for Feeble-Minded and closed as Pineland Center in 1996, after packing its thirty-plus buildings with as many as 1500 residents--most disabled but some not--along the way. As told in the lucid prose of author Richard S. Kimball and with the voices of many who lived it, Pineland's story is a rich one, peopled by a wondrous collection of characters, young and old, residents and staff alike.

$ 19.95

decorative wingding